Hhhmm, someone took a taste before I could take this picture! This is such a good replacement for mashed potatoes. My husband, who is not a fan of cauliflower, loves this! Let me know what you think.
I wish you a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
1 medium head cauliflower, chopped or cut into florets
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon mustard
1 pinch nutmeg (about 1/8 tsp)
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs (3 eggs for custard-like)
1 ½ cup shredded gruyere or cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons Arrowroot powder
2 tablespoons cold water
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Steam cut cauliflower until fork-tender
- Blend cauliflower with the cream, butter, salt, pepper, mustard, nutmeg. A stick blender works well, but you can use a regular blender or food processor. (Love my Ninja for this!)
- Add eggs, mix, then blend in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Mix arrowroot with cold water until smooth, then add to other ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into a casserole dish, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake about 30-40 minutes, until top is golden brown. Exact time will vary by the shape of the baking dish.