1 ¼ cups blanched almond flour
1/4 tsp xanthan or guar gum
¼ tsp Himalayan salt or sea salt
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ cup Xylitol (sweetener)
1 TB fresh squeezed lemon juice (include pulp)
1 tsp lemon zest
¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, xanthan/guar gum, Xylitol, salt and baking soda.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Pulse in egg white and lemon juice, zest and chopped almonds until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove dough from processor.
- Form dough into 2 logs on to baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and cool for 1 hour
- Cut the logs into ½ inch slices on a diagonal with a sharp knife
- Spread slices out on a baking sheet and bake at 300° for approximately 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Did you know the power of…
Almonds, a good source of vitamin E, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper and niacin. Almonds help in the development and health of the brain, increase HDL (good) cholesterol, reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol, good for heart health and bones. Helps to regulate blood pressure, is an anti-inflammatory, and strengthens the immune system.
Eggs have many health benefits: lower bad cholesterol, increase cognitive function, protect the hear, detoxify the body, prevent eye disease, prevent certain cancers and help with proper growth and development.
Himalayan salt is unprocessed compared to typical table salt which includes anti-caking chemicals. Himalayan salt contains more than 84 minerals and trace elements. This helps with pH balance, helps to support production of digestive fluids and more.
Lemon aids in indigestion, constipation, weight loss, and assists in relieving respiratory problems. Lemon contains flavonoids that contain antioxidant and cancer fighting properties. It can also prevent the formation of kidney stones.